Monday, July 11, 2016

Pastel Flower Quilt

My niece is getting big.  Kids just plain grow to fast.  I recently promised her a twin quilt for her bed.  I picked out a pattern and asked her mom to choose some colors. 


I appliqued this cute flower and added extra batting underneath it so that when I quilted around it it pops out as the main detail on the quilt. 


I love the big with stretch in the center.  I used a long cut so I wouldn't have a seem in the middle of it. I free motion quilted the whole quilt and added in a few flowers in the white piece.



I quilted her name into the white stretch and my husband suggested adding some floss stitching so it could be seen better.  It was a good decision.  


I made a simple square flower to go in the center of each block then quilted around the edges of each block with an on-point square design. 




As usual, I love seeing the back, the stitching just pops, it's gotta be my favorite part. 

♥ Holli

No comments:

Post a Comment