Monday, July 11, 2016

Masculine Wildlife Quilt

Biggest Quilting Problem: my husband.  I love him. He loves that I quilt.  I learned to quilt because of him.  But when he wants a quilt he's rather picky.  He doesn't like girly fabric, (lets face it, they're almost all girly) He doesn't like frilly patterns, or cutesy patterns, he likes squares, blocks, straight stuff, dark colors, and he's tall, so I have to make the quilts extra long for him.  

Anyway, he wanted a quilt.  This is what I came up with. 

I had some wildlife pillow case cuts that I used, chose some dark colors and just made a simple design that I thought he would like. 


There's four different deer prints, I hand stitched around the deer and the printed borders.
 

I used an index card as a template for the overlapping block quilting on the pieced blocks. Not too girly but allowed for some dimension. 



I backed it with a wildlife panel flannel, he wanted it to be warm and soft.  


He takes it with him to work and uses it on his rack.  

 Well.  He loves it.  Which satisfies me.
♥ Holli

No comments:

Post a Comment