Monday, July 11, 2016

Circles and more Circles

I made this quilt a few years back for my 3rd daughter when we transitioned her from a crib to a big kid bed.  She was our summer baby and the quilt was done in summer colors (totally did not do that on purpose).  This is also my first attempt at machine quilting... so the quilting job looks rather amateur, because it is. 


Doesn't look to bad from a distance I guess.  I'm my own worst critic.

I quilted inside each circle with a circular design, typically a flower-y thing, then I meandered around the blocks outside the circles.

I appliqued the circles on using the freezer paper method... not my favorite.  Next time I think I'll go back to my preferred method of wonder-under.  Much more user friendly.  




 I backed it with a soft flannel so she'd stay nice and comfy at night. 


What I love most is that she loves it, She doesn't even care about the flaws, she thinks it's awesome.
♥ Holli

No comments:

Post a Comment