Monday, July 11, 2016

Christmas Cardinals

I used to live in Indiana, I loved Indiana.  Three of the things that I loved most about Indiana where the Lightening storms, lightening bugs, and cardinals. Those amazing birds would hang around my bird feeder year round, in the winter they stood out remarkably against the snow covered trees. 
So when I saw a picture of this quilt online I had to make it. 


I appliqued the cardinals and the pine cones, then I made a simple nine-patch for the offset squares. 
I hand quilted a poinsettia in the center of each nine-patch, I tied a few french knots in the center of the poinsettias as well.   


 I love these birds!  They're just so majestic.


I backed it with a vibrant poinsettia fabric that I just love, I wish now I would have used it on the front where people could actually see it.... Hindsight 20/20.  I hang this on my wall in December.  I just love it. 

♥Holli

No comments:

Post a Comment