Monday, July 11, 2016

John Deere Baby Quilt

 Probably one of my most favorite quilts.  Several years ago we decided to try for another baby.  We had two girls and were kind of hoping for a little boy this time.  Well, as fate would have it we had another girl.  Turns out she's the apple of her Daddy's eye.  Daddy was so smitten.  Well Daddy has a fascination with John Deere Tractors, and I find it adorable that they make Pink John Deere stuff.  Hence my new baby's quilt:


This is the only quilt that I have made completely by hand.  No machine was used, ever.  I hand pieced each one of those stars, it took me forever!

I even quilted little tractors along the border. 


I backed it with a soft John Deere Pink Flannel.  This quilt is so soft, not stiff at all.  Perfect for cuddling with my (then) little one.
She's half grown now, but she still loves the quilt... and strangely enough, she shares her Daddy's fascination for tractors... especially John Deere.


There's nothing I don't love about this quilt, or this little girl.  
♥ Holli


No comments:

Post a Comment