Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Mountain Scene Wall Hanging



My Mountain Scene Wall Hanging
This is the first quilt that I ever made with quite a bit of help from my Mother-In-Law.


I enjoyed the great amount of applique on the quilt, it made an easier first project.  


I love this quilt.  It has hung on my wall for 7 years now.  


The original pattern contained three large hearts in the center of the quilt, I wasn't too fond of the design so I  found a few cutouts of the tent, bears, fire, etc., and replaced the hearts with those instead.


I especially love the purple and blue mountains, it reminds me of "America the Beautiful" and the line of "purple mountain majesty"


The eyes and the doorknob on the cabin are french knots. 

I hope you like it.  I certainly had a lot of fun making it.

♥Holli

No comments:

Post a Comment