Monday, August 24, 2015

Flower Garden Twin Quilt


This beautiful quilt was made for my second daughter when she outgrew her crib. The colors are not too typical of little girl quilts, but it's one of my favorite color schemes.  It looks beautiful on her bed.  


This is probably the hardest quilt I've ever made. Those flower blocks are the most difficult thing I've yet attempted, they took forever.  The original quilt was supposed to have each block as a flower, but I just couldn't do it, so instead I added the setting squares, which consequently, worked out quite nicely.  


I used one solid fabric and one printed fabric to make each flower. 


My Mother-In-Law did the quilting on this quilt, using a Long-Arm Quilter, she used a shell design. (kind of hard to see in these pictures.)





Once again, this quilt is backed in flannel, warmer and softer. 


I love this quilt.


Hope you like it too! 
♥Holli

No comments:

Post a Comment