Monday, August 24, 2015

4-Square Baby Quilt


This quilt is one of my most recent.  I started it just over a year ago when I found out that I was expecting a baby girl.  It took FOREVER!  It took nearly 9 months, although I will admit, it's a lot harder to quilt with the aching back that comes from the protruding belly.  


I love the pink, turquoise, and purples. I only quilted the white sashings, the blocks themselves have not been quilted at all, which I like the effect of.  The quilting itself is what took so long. It's probably the most in-depth hand quilting job I have done.  


Once again, it's backed with flannel.  A requirement to ensure maximum softness for my sweet angel. 


What I love most about this quilt, is how much it is loved.  My little angel grabs it every time I lay her down and pulls it over herself and goes to sleep.  

Hope you love it as much as I do!
♥Holli

No comments:

Post a Comment